The description in the Google Play page for the app says:
Carbon experience for Android Smartphones. No Tablet support yet.
Simple, Dark, and a dash of elegance for your Twitter day-to-day pleasure.
Carbon is a Twitter client, but unlike other Twitter clients. All of your Twitter content on one screen. A screen that doesn’t get you drilling down to many other screens to reach to what you want. Timelines, Lists, Favourites, Searches, Trends, Profiles, all there.
– Tilt Timeline to Refresh
– Power Scroll: Scroll/Swipe up or down using Two fingers to jump to top or bottom of Timelines
– Tap+Hold on Tweets to make everything clickable right on the Timeline
– QuickTimeline, home screen quick Timeline for Lists, Searches, Trends, etc…
– Rich Timelines with full inline images and videos
– Rich and HD style for User Profiles
– Rich and fun Conversation View
– Threaded Direct Messages
– Background updates with quick actions for Jelly Bean, per account
– Username Autocomplete
– Filters for Hashtags, Users, and Keywords
Between the time Carbon was announced and it was finally launched, another Twitter client, Falcon, has taken Android users by storm. It remains to be seen whether Carbon will be able to outdo or at least match Falcon.